Clenpiq Prep Afternoon Procedure
Supplies Needed: 2 bottles of Clenpiq ( 5.4 oz each )
1 Day Before Procedure:
- Clear liquids ONLY all day. It is important to drink as much fluid as you can before starting the prep, during the prep, and after up until Midnight. NO SOLID FOOD. Clear liquids include: water, clear sodas, coffee (no milk or creamer), tea, gelatin (no red or purple), chicken or beef broth, clear juices (apple, white grape), and popsicles (without fruit pieces). No hard candy.
NO RED OR PURPLE! NO MILK! NO ALCOHOL! IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DRINK AS MUCH FLUID AS YOU CAN THROUGHOUT THE DAY UNTIL MIDNIGHT.
- 5:00 pm Drink one of the 5.4oz bottles of Clenpiq followed by 40oz ( 5 cups ) of clear liquids.
You may have additional clear liquids up until the next dose at 5:00 am
Day of Procedure:
- 5:00 am Drink the remaining 5.4oz bottle of Clenpiq followed by 40oz ( 3 cups ) of clear liquids.
- Nothing else by mouth after the 5:00 am dose and 3 cups of clear liquids until after your procedure is complete.
- *Take all of your morning medications, if any, with a sip of water
If you are a diabetic, call your primary care physician for dosage changes the day before your procedure.
On the day of your procedure, DO NOT TAKE YOUR DIABETIC MEDICATIONS & CHECK YOUR BLOOD SUGAR.
Bring a driver. You will be here for approximately 2 hours. If you do not have a driver, your procedure will be canceled.