Plenvu Prep Afternoon Procedure
1 Day Before Procedure:
- Clear liquids ONLY all day. No solid food.
Clear liquids include water, clear sodas, coffee (no milk or creamer), tea, gelatin (no red or purple),
chicken or beef broth, clear juices (apple, white grape), and popsicles (without fruit).
NO RED OR PURPLE! NO MILK! NO ALCOHOL!
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DRINK AS MUCH FLUID AS YOU CAN THROUGHOUT THE DAY UNTIL MIDNIGHT.
- 5:00 pm – empty dose 1 into the disposable container. Add water or lemon-flavored drink to the top line and mix.
Drink the solution within 30-45 minutes.
- 6:00 pm – drink 16oz of clear liquid.
- Continue drinking clear liquids until bedtime. Nothing by mouth after midnight except for the second dose of prep.
Day of Procedure:
- 5:00 am – empty Doses 2 pouch A and Dose 2 pouch B into the disposable container.
Add water to the top line. Mix to dissolve.
- Drink within 30-45 minutes.
- 6:00 am – drink 16 oz of clear liquid
Nothing by mouth after the last 16 oz of water until the procedure is complete.
*Take all of your morning medications, if any, with a sip of water
If you are a diabetic, call your primary care physician for dosage changes the day before your procedure.
On the day of your procedure, DO NOT TAKE YOUR DIABETIC MEDICATIONS & CHECK YOUR BLOOD SUGAR.
Bring a driver. You will be here for approximately 2 hours. If you do not have a driver, your procedure will be canceled.